[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scandisk

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 00:59:32 -0400

Kaitlyn,

Windows XP no longer utilizes scandisk but has replaced it with the chkdsk
utility.  Goto start/run.  Type "cmd" and press enter.  Type "chkdsk /?" and
enter.

The /? Switch will provide you with a summary of commands to use with the
chkdsk utility.  The checkdisk command has been made faster and is much
easier to operate than the scandisk interface, in my opinion.

HTH.

Pratik

Pratik Patel
Interim Director