[bksvol-discuss] Re: Saving in rtf

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 19:59:04 -0500

Julie,
Are you sure that there is a problem with fonts and screen readers? Clearly,
those horrid cursive-looking fonts are an ocr nightmare, and I'd like to see
them banned from books, at least those I want to scan. <smile>
But I have never heard of a particular fancy font or script-wanna-be font
causing a problem for a screen reader. Font size can be a problem, if its
really large or really small. I've definitely heard of that, and I think it has
to do with lines and what the screen readers expect with respect to spacing,
but I'm honestly not sure. Anyway, I'm not saying a screen reader wouldn't have
the problem you describe. but I've never heard anybody
complain about it.
Mary