[bksvol-discuss] Saving and uploading books

  • From: Natalie <nataliesgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 22:07:10 -0500

Oh, guess you learn something new every day.  I always thought we were supposed to save and upload in the original format we got the book in.  That's what I have always done, and most of my stuff has made it to the site, so now I'm confused.
Natalie
At 08:33 PM 9/25/2005 -0500, you wrote:

Hello again,

TXT files are notorious for not having page breaks.  If I remember correctly, Word doesn't handle TXT files properly and removes all the page breaks when you save the file as TXT.  The trick is to open the tXT file with Word then immediately save it as RTF or a .DOC file. until you're ready to upload.  At that time, it should be saved as an RTF file anyway.  The only reason I know of to convert to a .DOC file instead of to RTF right away is that .DOC allows you to spell check the document in multiple sessions without losing your progress and having to start over from the beginning.  Most people don't worry about that, though, and just go ahead and convert to RTF right away.

It sounds like the page breaks were probably missing in the original file that you downloaded, though, which will mean an automatic rejection unless someone can find a copy of the book and add them to the file.

HTH

Gerald

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.