[bksvol-discuss] Re: Sad decision

  • From: "k4zq" <k4zq@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:29:37 -0500

Hi Cindy,

Well, your point is a good one, but it's like saying that one plate in a china pattern can stand by itself. It can, but any good wife will tell you (which mine has) that one plate does not a pattern make.

If I'm studying western civ history, and I stop with the assassination of Julius Caesar, the material I have covered is accurate, but you can't really call my study complete. For example, I won't know a lot about Elvis.

As for the Norton, I'm coming more and more to the thought that rejection is the way to go with this one. There are 3 reasons: there are some missing pages already, and I'm on page 23. 2, this is only volume I which means that somebody's gonna miss McBeth--or think that nobody's written anything since say
Chaucer, and 3, since there are practically 2 editions later, somebody with a lot of time and nothing else to do, may decide to scan one of 'em.

Actually, I think I'll take the politically correct course, and just release it back; for as my friend Katie will tell you, gods know I wouldn't offend anybody for the world. Somebody took a lot of effort to scan this thing, and if I'm right, she's already frustrated with the system. If it was the other individual, he's probably a really cool guy, and I don't wannaa be accused of saying "Do it better, Kid."

For now, gotta go eat, so I'll validate this and send it you. "Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most.
Ernie