[bksvol-discuss] SSA Will Provide Accessible Media Of Your choice, not Email

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 23:33:13 -0800

Due to a settlement with the American Council of the Blind, the Social Security
Administration now offers new ways to receive communications from them. Options
include Braille, Microsoft Word on a CD-ROM, or regular print with a follow-up
phone call to read the information. The braille and CD options start on April
15. Email is not an included option, but you can call a phone number to request
a format not listed.
Please visit this link for more information on how to change from printed mail
to another method.
http://www.socialsecurity.gov/notices/

There is a link toward the bottom of the page called Request For Special Notice
Option and as of now it is not available, so when I clicked the link, it said:
We are sorry for the inconvenience, but we cannot process your request at this
time.

This service is available during the following hours (Eastern Time):

Monday through Friday: 3:00 AM - 2:00 AM
Saturday: 5:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sunday: 7:00 AM - 11: PM
Holidays: 3:00 AM - 2:00 AM

If you need immediate assistance,
you may call us Monday through Friday: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM at:
1-800-772-1213

If you are deaf or hard-of-hearing, call our toll-free TTY number:
1-800-325-0778

If you need to visit your local Social Security office you can get directions
and a map to your local Social Security office by visiting link on the page I
directed you to, labeled Field Office Locator.
"If you go without playing the trumpet for one day, no one knows, two days,
only you know, and more than three days without practicing, girl you better
look out, because everyone will know!"
Chela Robles
E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx
MSNWindowsLive Messenger: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxxxx