[bksvol-discuss] Re: Run Silent, Run Deep, wishlist book

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 13:17:37 -0600

Hi Misha,

If the requester doesn't want it, I hope it gets snatched up from the checkout queue quickly. It's a good story, especially for any military history buff, written by an author who knows his subject. The author's real life biography reads like a Tom Clancy novel. In WWII as a young submarine officer and then submarine commander he was awarded a bucket of medals and commendations, including the second highest award possible for a naval officer (second only to the Medal of Honor), the Navy Cross. He went on to an amazing post-war naval career, including being the commanding officer of the nuclear submarine USS /Triton/, the first submarine to circumnavigate the world without surfacing, a voyage of 41,000 miles and over 80 days submerged. He served as the Naval Aide to the Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staffs, and after that was naval aide to President Dwight D. Eisenhower, and loads of other important stuff after that.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 2/27/2016 11:48 AM, misha wrote:

Hi all,

I'm about to submit "Run Silent, Run Deep" by Edward L. Beach, which I have scanned. This is a classic World War II submarine story and also a wishlist book. There are a couple other books by Beach in the bookshare library, so I am kind of surprised this one isn't since it was made into a movie. If the wishlist requestor happens to be on this list, perhaps you would like to proof it. I'll wait till later today to actually do the submit just in case so I can put a hold for on it. Since not everyone who proofs seems to read the comments that we proofers add, I'd like to add that I always do the DAISY font adjustments for the book title, chapter titles and so on. So, please do not delete all the book formatting before proofing.

Misha
To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to