[bksvol-discuss] Re: Rumors of My Greatly Exaggerated....

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 18:20:07 -0700

Thanks.

It will be very satisfying to me if at the end of 6 months I have been able to
build a set of resources and procedures that demonstrate to you all how highly
valued what you do as volunteers is to Benetech. After the announcement I had
the excuse to drop in on several people in senior management. The message came
through loud and clear how important our volunteers are. It will be my job to
be part of the team that makes that obvious to you all.

No rabbits coming out of hats here but we will be forging a project plan to
make solid steady progress that adds up to an easier more enjoyable experience
for volunteers.

Or, as my professors in college taught me, the reward for doing good work is
being given more work. So here's the bargain: I'll do good work so you all can
do more work!

Scott Rains
Bookshare Volunteer Coordinator, Interim