[bksvol-discuss] Romance Club meeting Summary for July 18

  • From: "Silvara" <silvara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 20:24:03 -0400

July 18, 2008

Book Discussion:

The Romance Book Club’s July meeting discussed When Lightning Strikes, a time
travel romance by Kristin Hannah. There was mixed reaction from the group about
the book. This was the first time travel romance several of us had explored. As
some of us were not especially fond of this particular book but wished to
explore the genre further, Grace recommended another time travel romance we
might like to try, A Knight In Shining Armor, by Jude Deveraux. Lynn expressed
how realistic she thought the book was from the psychological standpoint.

Susan shared that Kristin Hannah’s website is kristinhannah.com. Once in Every
Lifetime was also mentioned as another time travel novel written by this
author; Firefly Lane and Between Sisters, (not time travel books) are other
works by Hannah. She has written since 1991 after attending law school. She
also wrote Comfort and Joy and now has gone to more mainstream fiction.

Notes On Book Club:

Grace announced she would be resigning from the club’s leadership after the
August meeting because she will be returning to work - she does not know how
much time she will have due to both family and work responsibilities. Susan
will also be giving up the co-leadership role. Cindy stated the club actually
encouraged her into reading romances again which she usually didn’t do. Our
initial desire in forming this book club was to encourage each of us not only
to read authors we were familiar with but to expand our horizons by introducing
authors or genres of romance we had not read before! We both hope someone will
want to continue this club in the future and have enjoyed our co-leadership,
forming several new friendships!

August Recommendation And Meeting

For the August meeting, we did not recommend a particular book. everyone was
encouraged to read whatever romance they chose and present a 3-4 minute
discussion of the book to the group. Our next meeting will be Friday, August
15, 2008, 9:00 p.m. Eastern, 6:00 p.m. Pacific! Hope to see you there! Until
then, happy reading!

The Romance Book Club Team

Grace Pires, Email

silvara@xxxxxxx

Susan Lumpkin, Email

slumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

     ***
Grace

Join our club and swap paperback books for FREE - PaperBackSwap.com

http://silvara.paperbackswap.com/profile/index.php