[bksvol-discuss] Re: Revisiting unwanted wishlist books

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 20:04:43 -0400

Hi Shelley. Yes, I'd be happy to proofread the Newt books if you don't
mind me working on them over a period of months. I'm interested in
reading them, and I'd proofread them carefully. I just know I need to
be honest with you about how quickly I can get things done. I wouldn't
mind working with raw scans since I know I could ask you about
something if it didn't make sense to me.

As an aside, I keep an old copy of the wish list on my hard drive.
There are books on it that I'd be willing to scan, so I keep it for
book ideas when I'm browsing used book sales and my library's online
catalog. I figure that if someone bothered to make the wish, someone
else may still want to read the book. After all, with over 100,000
members now, there's bound to be someone who wants the book. To me, if
just one person from the 100,000 wants to read a book, it should be on
Bookshare. Admittedly, I cling to the somewhat idealistic goal of
getting all books onto Bookshare somehow. I want to get all of those
old wish list books onto Bookshare for the sake of accessibility. I
keep hoping I'll find some way to get the older wish list books onto
Bookshare as part of a larger effort. Until then, I keep looking
through the list for books my library carries. I wish I had access to
a book chopper and scanner for awhile. Used books are so plentiful,
and a volunteer with that kind of set up could really ramp up
production on wish list titles.

--
Monica Willyard
Visit my GoodReads book shelf at http://www.goodreads.com/plumlipstick