[bksvol-discuss] Re: Reviewing a book?

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 06:40:00 -0400

The first thing to do before fixing letters for numbers in dates is to make a backup copy of your work. Then do repeated saves so you have lots of backups. Every once in a while, you will mess up something and have to go back to a cleaner copy. Having said that, date fixing is pretty simple once you get the idea. The result is very emotionally satisfying and greatly improves the quality of bookshare scans. You will find yourself amazingly proud of the results.

Start out finding each instance of
i1 through i9 and 1i through 9i
z1 through z9 and 1z through
and so forth flipping the number letter combinations as above.
s is sometimes 5 and ? sometimes 7. You will know by context. If you do not, do not fix it.

o for 0 is common. To find it search for 1o through 9o and o1 through o9 and then search for 1oo through 9oo. It sounds like it takes a lot of time but is surprisingly easy to do. I wish k1000 had a macro feature where we could plug in a series of find and replaces so we could do big blocks at a time.
E.