[bksvol-discuss] Re: Retaining Blank Pages in Kurzweil

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 19:53:31 -0400

Hi Katie.  Sorry I misunderstood your question.  However, I just did a small
test and here are my results:

I scanned five pages using Kurzweil, setting it to keep blank pages.  It was
page 1 text, page 2 blank, page 3 text, page four blank, page 5 text.

I then saved the document as an RTF file.

When I pulled it up in Kurzweil, the blank pages weren't there; there were
only the three pages that contained text.

When I pulled it up in Word, the blank pages were there, but additionally,
two of the pages with text were formatted to take up more than one page,
giving me a final document with seven pages.  So it was page 1 text, page 2
blank, page 3 text, page 4 leftover text from page 3, page 5 blank, page 6
text and page 7 with leftover text from page 6.  I don't know why it added
in blank lines that made the pages 3 and 5 of text extend to two pages each,
but it did in fact keep the two blank pages I inserted.  Again, though, this
only showed up when I retrieved the RTF file in Word.

Hope this helps.  And I'm still a confirmed FineReader user!

Peace and Hope,

Donna

  _____