[bksvol-discuss] Re: Responding off-list

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 17:14:27 -0500

It's been a while since I used Outlook Express, but I remember that pressing
tab or shift-tab would eventually take you through the header fields of
From, sent, to, CC, Subject, etc.  How long it takes depends on whether
there are other links in the message.

Also, in Outlook, pressing alt-1 will read you the from line, and holding
down alt and pressing 1 twice rapidly will put you on the from line where
you can read it at leisure.

The point being, however you manage to read the from line in your e-mail
client and with whatever assistive technology you use, doing this will help
you find the address of the individual sending the message to the list.  If
you can't find the right combination to do this, then a quick message to the
list to say that you want to have a discussion about the off-topic thread
and inviting them to contact you directly with your e-mail address in the
body of the message would work as well.

I by no means claim to have all the answers, but just a willingness to find
solutions to keep this list active and purposeful.

Donna S

  _____