[bksvol-discuss] Rescanning Rejected Books

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 00:13:09 -0400

Hi, Cindy. I have a thought that might be relevant here, though I don't presume to speak for anyone else. I wouldn't mind rescanning rejected books. However, many of them are either textbooks or sort of exotic books that I'd have to buy to scan. I have checked on the books I've rejected and found that my library system doesn't have them. I'm on a small and mostly fixed income for now, and I want to spend what money I do have from time to time on books that I actually want to read myself. I keep a list of books I want to read, and I follow a budget so that I can get one or two each month. Maybe that is selfish, and I still feel that way. that is the barrier I experience for rescanning books.

On the flip side, I can easily get a lot of the books rated as good or fair that are currently in the collection because my library system has them. I also find them at used bookstores. I don't know if this is the case for anyone else here. It's just my experience so far.

Monica
Visit my blog at: http://plumlipstick.livejournal.com