[bksvol-discuss] Re: Requirements for acceptance -- the bottom line

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 23:50:16 -0700 (PDT)

Mary, I do agree with you. Unfortunately, based on a
number of posts by validatorsand complaints by readers
of books in the collection that have had to be
rescanned and submitters, and on the number of
rejections, a lot o scanners just scan and submit
without doing anything else, making the validators'
job much more difficult and time-consuming -- or books
being rejected. I gather, though, that if someone's
submission is rejected the credit is taken away --or
the credit isn't given until the book is accepted (I
forget whch). But if it isn't rejected but a validator
takes a lot of time and care to fix it, that person
doesn't get much credit. I don't know what the
solution is -- maybe, under the present circumstances,
 the difference could be equalized a little more.

And I agree with your second post about eliminating
the ads that accompany paperbacks. I not only scanned
pages but made them readable before submission; it was
really a boring job, and I am *so* happy to be excused
from doing that in the future and just do the
important pages. The argument that was made to me for
the preference for keeping the lists of other books by
the same author or other books of the same genre
published made sense, i.e, that the readr might be
interested in knowing about such books. I do
understand that and so haven't really minded (that
seems contradictory, doesn't it). I guess for that
reason lists of books by the author or in the same
genre I'll leave in but reviews I'll omit.

Cindy

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail