[bksvol-discuss] Requesting feedback on the new version of Victor Reader Soft (VRSoft II)

  • From: Lisa Friendly <lisaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 20:55:33 -0700

Hi everyone,

The lead engineer for the Bookshare project has asked me to solicit feedback
from the members of the Bookshare community on any bugs discovered in the
use of the new version of Victor Reader Soft II. We are aware of several
already that we are compiling for HumanWare so they can apply a resource to
fix them.

Humanware is very generous in providing this free version of Victor Reader
Soft/Bookshare Edition to our members, particularly those who do not have
access to other DAISY readers. In return we want to give Humanware as much
help as we can in debugging the product. (Goodness knows that you all help
us debug the Bookshare software!)

I know that within the Bookshare community you use a wide array of screen
readers and DAISY readers but anyone who has such feedback, or who may be
interested in doing some testing, we would be interested in your findings.

If you will be providing feedback and would find it helpful to have the list
of known problems, let me know off list and I will send them to you.

The location of the Victor Reader Software is
http://www.bookshare.org/web/MembersDownloads.html?dl=4. You must be logged
in to access it and it runs on Windows 2000 and Windows XP only.

Thanks, Lisa