[bksvol-discuss] Re: Requesting Member Feedback: Series Titles

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 11:32:45 -0800

When written like that, my braille display shows two number signs; isn't that redundant? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>

To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2008 6:45 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Requesting Member Feedback: Series Titles

Hi Alison

the way I do it and makes sense to me is the following.

Title of book parenthesis series name, book number with number sign close parenthesize

For example

Alligators (Nature's Children #1)

That is how I do it and makes it easier to look for the books using Bookshares current system.

Plus I know they are part of a series where even in my library system sometimes it can be a guess if they are.

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A., VRT
And Guinevere: Golden Lady Guide Dog
guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Alumni Association
www.guidedogs.com

Though force can protect in emergency, only justice, fairness, consideration and cooperation can finally lead men to the dawn of eternal peace. -Dwight D. Eisenhower, U.S. general and 34th president (1890-1969)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allison Hilliker" <hillikera@xxxxxxxxx>