[bksvol-discuss] Re: Requesting Book to Be Added to the Wish List

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 21:59:54 -0400

If you all want a good story, well good portrayal, but mind not the details, check out Eyewitness Auschwitz I can't guarantee I spelled the last word right. It was a story of one of the people who worked in the furnaces. A pastor gave it to me, and shivers, is a book I don't think I am ever going to forget.

An working on one now called Oasis A survivors story.

And who ever said "Man was above all animals" in a lot of ways I think our cruelty, greed, disregard for our young and disregard for life are sometimes worse than most of the animal kingdom. Well accept for lions, smile and polar bears, but compared to wolves, mustangs and other herd animals we are vicious.

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A., VRT
And Guinevere: Golden Lady Guide Dog
guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Alumni Association
www.guidedogs.com

The people who burned witches at the stake never for one moment thought of their act as violence;
rather they thought of it as an act of divinely mandated righteousness.
The same can be said of most of the violence we humans have ever committed. -Gil Bailie, author and lecturer (b. 1944)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Linda Stover" <liamskitten@xxxxxxxxx>