[bksvol-discuss] Re: Request for Testers: YouTube Closed Caption Users

  • From: J F <jf4498@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 13:05:26 -0800 (PST)

http://www.brewcityroyalties.info

________________________________
 From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, December 1, 2011 12:18 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Request for Testers: YouTube Closed Caption Users

Do you mean for deaf people or audio description or both?

On 12/1/11, Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Good morning from windy Northern California,
>
>  We are learning how to make all the tools of video production and
> distribution meet our accessibility standards. Benetech would like some
> feedback on a training video we completed last night. How well did we do on
> adding closed captions on this training video for non-Bookshare users?
>
> http://youtu.be/nrOUBKdIcMw
>
> Post your observations her or offline to scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> A word of caution for the casual viewer, this video can confuse those who
> are already doing image descriptions for Bookshare.
>
> The video we have closed captioned is not intended to instruct Bookshare
> volunteers. It refers to a different URL and describes a different process.
> This server is not for Bookshare books. It was set up for other
> organizations around the world who want to try the Poet image description
> tool on their own books. The process used on that server is more complicated
> than our own. Specifically, I upload the books on our server so that you do
> not have to. To describe a Bookshare book all you need to do is enter the
> Unique Identifier (UID). I will send a list of the current UID's in a
> separate email.
>

> Scott Rains
> Bookshare

"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you
forever. It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be sophisticated,
but when you get the two of them together in a way people can relate to,
then I think you're on to something. You want the sophistication to lie in
the purity of the sound, the beauty of the arrangements, and the quality of
the performances."-Trumpeter Chris Botti
--
Chela Robles
E-Mail/GoogleTalk/AIM/MySpace/LinkedIn: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx