[bksvol-discuss] Request

  • From: "Natasha Baebler" <guidingpaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookshare Volunteers" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 20:57:12 -0500

Hi guys,

I have a book request.I was listening to one of my podcasts and they did an
interview with the author in which he talked about this book and his years
working with Walt Disney - the man not the company.  I can't get the book at my
library and was wondering if some kind soul could scan "Spinning Disney's
World" Memories of a Magic Kingdom Press Agent" by Charles Ridgway. I'd be
happy to validate it.

Here's a synopsis: A collection of tales about his years as a press agent
covering Walt Disney world. Ridgway's best story chronicles the intense,
hilarious effort to train 50 newborn ducklings to "follow" the Donald Duck
character in a 50th Birthday Parade. Other tales include the orchestration of
parades and VIP galas; the impetus, construction and opening of attractions at
both parks (including Ridgway's accidental early outing of the "Florida
project"); and the arrival of Michael Eisner and Frank Wells. Entertaining
throughout, Ridgway's prose is fluid and gentle, reflecting that sense of
wholesome delight common to Disney creations, making this a rare
behind-the-Mouse-ears exposé that's a real crowd-pleaser.

Natasha and Guide Dog Fossey

"I want to be successful like everyone does, but through my idea of success. I
don't just mean that I will make a lot of money and be known for what I do, but
that I make a difference in someone's life."
-- Megan Piontek 1985-2008
----