[bksvol-discuss] Re: Replacing the stupid ellipses character with three periods.

  • From: "Christina" <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 19:01:30 -0400

Happy to help.
Christina

----- Original Message -----
From: "Debby Franson" <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2011 9:53 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Replacing the stupid ellipses character with
three periods.

Hi Christine!

I just tried the advice you gave.

I must have gotten rid of the elipsis symbol way back when, because, in
Word 2003, if I use the control alt period keystroke, I hear my keyboard
voice say quietly, since I like my keyboard to speak quietly, "elipsis" and
Word gives me the elipsis symbol, and I hear the screen voice say "elipsis"
when I either left- or right-arrow over the character.  However, if I
manually type the period three times in succession, I get ..., and, when
either left- or right-arrowing over these group of three periods, I hear
"period, period, period", so I know it is three separate periods, not the
single symbol for an elipsis.

Debby

At 01:05 PM 4/8/2011, Christina wrote

                                                 mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
--

Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don't have. Just dreaming
about nice things is meaningless; it is like chasing the