[bksvol-discuss] Replacing em Dashes

  • From: "Monica Cortada" <MCortada@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 21:57:03 -0400

   I was reading Jake's tips about dubious characters <grin> and was
wondering what is the ASCII code for the dash I should use to replace the em
dash?  I got the part about replacing the em with a double dash, but I don't
know the difference between a hyphen and the desired dash.  Word's search
and replace has an "en" dash as well as an "em" dash under the More/Special
pull-down menu.  When I replaced the em dash with the en dash, it looked
fine, but I don't know how it would translate into a .brf.  Here's a
sentence with two en dashes in the middle, is it right?   Dash it all--this
is confusing!

Monica in Maryland