[bksvol-discuss] Re: Replacing Fair Books in the Collection

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 15:27:27 -0500

Hi Cindy. Would you please send me the fair books list as well? I
think I have print copies of a few of these books now. I could post
here about the print books I have and can mail the educational ones to
the Bookshare office to be scanned. If we all coordinate our efforts,
we can save Bookshare some money and get the fair books replaced more
effectively. We could launch a "no fair book left behind" campaign.
(smile) By this time next year, fair books could be just a memory, and
new members would be surprised at the quality and breadth of our
collection of books.

My mom is a romance junkie and is actively looking for print copies of
some of the fair quality romances. She has a whole bookcase of
romances and buys a few more each month or so. She says she'll help me
find them since she knows they don't fall under the heading of
educational material. I showed her one of the fair quality books so
she'd know what they look like. She said she had no idea that fair
books existed and wants to do something to replace the books. She
really likes the Heartsong Presents and Steeplehill romances. So if
any of you know of books from these lines that need to be replaced, my
mom is willing to check her bookcase to see what she has and will get
some of them for Bookshare. Now if I can just convince her to learn to
scan them, I'll be in business. (grin)

--
Monica Willyard