[bksvol-discuss] Re: Renewing Books for Validation, Some Questions

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 18:43:59 -0700 (PDT)

To elaborate a little on Evan's answer.

Yes, as he says, you can renew a day or two earlier. I
usually count seven days from the time I download or
renew. If you renew early, as Evan says, you have to
count 7 days from the date of renewal. The next day
starts at midnight, pacific daylight time. Since I'm
usually up late (I live on the West Coast) I try to
renew after midnight. If you live further east, you
could do that without staying up so late. smile.

As Evan said, if you forget and your book goes back to
the download list and it isn't there when you go to
look for it (you will get a notice that your time
expired), you're not completely hosed--maybe. smile If
someone from one of these lists took it and you post
that it escaped you by mistake and would like to
contiue, the person who took it will usually release
it. You'll only have a problem if the person who took
it isn not on one of these lists.

HTH

Cindy

-