[bksvol-discuss] Reminder: everything is archived publically

  • From: Madeleine Linares <Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 19:30:56 +0000

Hello everyone,

We recently received an email from someone who found her personal email in the
archives to these discussion lists. She did not post it and did not ask anyone
to post it so she was naturally very unhappy.

 Unfortunately, I cannot delete archives from months or years past. I just
wanted to remind you all, once again, that anything you write on these lists is
automatically and publically archived. For example, when I google myself, I can
find my posts to these lists. Please be especially mindful when forwarding
emails from other people to delete their personal information unless you've
cleared it with them first. We want to make sure everyone feels safe and stays
happy!

Thanks so much,

Madeleine Linares
Volunteer Coordinator