[bksvol-discuss] Re: Remembering Mayrie in Bookshare fashion Tuesday evening Dec 4th

  • From: "Sandi Ryan" <sjryan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 11:14:45 -0600

Hi Lissi,

Great idea!  I will be participating!

Sandi

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Estelnalissi
  To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ; bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, December 03, 2012 3:22 PM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Remembering Mayrie in Bookshare fashion Tuesday
evening Dec 4th

  Dear Booksharian Friends,

  I’d like to propose a unified, poetic  gesture I truly believe would have
touched Mayrie deeply. It honors her love of books. Let’s set aside an hour
Tomorrow evening, December 4th, beginning at ten o’clock Eastern, nine Central,
eight Mountain and seven Pacific time to stage a group Mayrie ReNae memorial
reading in place of a service, wake, or other such remembrance. During that
time we could read, preferably a book from Bookshare and even better, one that
Mayrie helped bring to the collection or continue a volunteer proofreading or
scanning project. at the following link:

https://www.bookshare.org/browse/submitter/AP5xvS864N97kzSzhMps-1iFc9aKUvAHIVH_uC1rQyaSYnGw45S4613g7sWO0EYrrZ_D3UbCxHFO/?returnPath%3DL3NlYXJjaD9tb2R1bGVOYW1lPXB1YmxpYyZzZWFyY2g9U2VhcmNoJmtleXdvcmQ9dGhlIGhhcmQgd2F5

  you’ll find a list of 1170 books Mayrie worked on.

  Browse that list, or download and start any book that draws you. Or, spend
that time scanning or proofreading. If you want to in    corporate a social
element, Post a note about your observance of this time to the Bookshare
discuss list at bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. This will be our shout out to
each other, to Mayrie and to the cosmos, “Together we  tip our books to you
Mayrie, and the reading continues.

  Always with love,

  Lissi