[bksvol-discuss] Re: Release or return

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 16:33:38 -0500

Well, I agree with Guido that we are not in the salvage business. The amount of
time that it would probably require to fix up the book may well be more than it
would take to scan it again.

It's too bad if the text quality is good, but the pagination needs to be 90
percent accurate, if I recall the manual correctly. So it probably won't, and
shouldn't, get  past Carrie unless it gets that overhaul that you are, rightly,
unwilling to do.

I think you should reject it, and perhaps put in the comments that the text
quality is good, but that the pagination is messed up beyond acceptable quality
and would take longer to fix up than to rescan.

Evan