[bksvol-discuss] Re: Release date for final 'Harry Potter' announced

  • From: "GenePoole" <captinlogic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 12:58:18 -0800

Release date for final 'Harry Potter' announced, personally, won't go near a
book reI, personally, won't go near a book retailer for 3 days after that date,
lol.
      09:21 AM CST on Thursday, February 1, 2007
      Associated Press
      LONDON - "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," the last of seven
installments of the boy wizard's adventures, will be published July 21, author
J.K. Rowling
      said Thursday.
      Rowling announced the publication date on her Web site.
      Bloomsbury, her British publisher, said it would publish a children's
hardback edition, an adult hardback, a special gift edition and an audio book
on the
      same day.
      Scholastic Children's Books, the U.S. publisher, said it would offer a
hardback edition at a suggested retail price of $34.99, a deluxe edition at
$65.00
      and a reinforced library edition at $39.99.
      Bloomsbury noted that this year is the 10th anniversary of the
publication of the first "Harry Potter" book in the phenomenally successful
series.
      The "Potter" books have sold 325 million copies worldwide and been
translated into 64 languages, Bloomsbury said.
      The last book, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," sold 2,009,574
copies in Britain on the first day of its release, Bloomsbury said.