[bksvol-discuss] Re: Rejecting a great scan for too many page breaks

  • From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 17:16:31 -0400

Meg:
My note I got  says the following:
Dear Amber

Thank you for your efforts to prepare a book for Bookshare. We are contacting
you because your submission, Deep Drive: A Long Journey to Finding the Champion
Within by Rob Bradford, Mike Lowell has been marked for more editing before
publication on Bookshare.org.

We invite you to contact
volunteer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
if you need more information regarding this submission. We appreciate the time
you spend contributing to Bookshare.org, and look forward to continuing to
build the collection together.

Below are some of the specific reasons for the request for further editing of
this submission:

To the rejecter: I am returning this book to the checkout queue since there are
274 hard page breaks in it, which is just fine. In fact, I'd approve the
book as is. The reason you see over 400 page breaks is because your editor is
counting soft page breaks as well as hard. Please ignore the soft page breaks.
The only reason they are present is to tell you that if you were to print the
book on a printer, that's where the next page would start. If you want to
figure out how many hard page breaks there are, please do a global replace of
page break to page break (which is ^m in MS Word) and look at that number.
Thank you,
The Bookshare Team
Book blog:
John Adams