[bksvol-discuss] Re: Rejecting a great scan for too many page breaks

  • From: "Robert Peters" <rpet@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:26:59 -0500

Mary,
        Thank you.  I'll try this.
                        Robert

Attention:  The information contained in this message and/or attachments is
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential and/or nonpublic material.  Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.

>>> "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx> 6/10/2009 2:06 PM >>>
Hi Robert,

In Microsoft word, pressing alt+control+8 will turn on JAWS' announcement of
every space, paragraph mark and lots of other stuff.  JAWS calls a line
break  a paragraph mark.  I think that's what I remember.

        Remember that you don't want to get rid of ALL line breaks/paragraph
marks.  You need them at the beginning of real paragraphs.  What you need to
do is get rid of only paragraph marks preceding lower case letters.

        Instructions for how to do this and still preserve blank lines
surrounding page numbers are in the message I sent recently that tells about
my preferred scanning and proofreading process.

Good luck!

Mayrie