[bksvol-discuss] Re: Refresher on fill in the blanks

  • From: Vivian Flores <vivian@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 19:09:57 -0800

Hi Valerie;

Here's an idea, since we can use the underline format, can you start the blank with a maybe an * or a hypen , X number of spaces and end with an * or hyphen. Use the underline format from * or hypen to * or hypen.

Vivian

At 06:25 PM 12/27/2011 -0800, you wrote:
Hi, mayrie!

No, it is the nature of the beast; they are "smaller" and naturally don't "touch" the adjoining one, unlike the underscores. Between the placement being mid-letter as opposed to underneath it and the natural spaces it looks like a bunch of minus signs. I know that is no help probably, just an explanation of why it doesn't convey a missing word/phrase.

Wish I was better at describing things...

Valerie

Keep up with Nichole's recovery: