[bksvol-discuss] Re: Redoing the Bookshare Website

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 21:03:37 -0700

There are, perhaps, some things that could be organized better on the volunteer page, but I think speed of response (or lack of speed really) is the most frustrating part using the volunteer page. Going from one topic to another is slow, checking in books is slow, getting beyond the first page of books to checkout is really slow. So, that would be my first choice on what should be worked on.

Misha

On 3/29/2012 12:45 PM, Madeleine Linares wrote:

Hi all,

One of our big projects is redoing the Volunteer section of the Bookshare website and I would love your input! As some of you may have noticed, it’s a bit out of date and confusing. Here are just a few questions I came up with that I thought might have especially helpful answers. Feel free to answer one question, all, or add other comments if you feel so inclined. Please note that this is NOT a discussion about the Volunteer Manual. We are currently working on that and will ask for your feedback as soon as we have made more progress on it.

What information would be helpful for new volunteers that is currently missing or hard to find?

What do you think of the current layout of the “Volunteer Overview” page as compared to the “Community Overview” page? Is it easier to find what you’re looking for? More difficult?

What do you like least about the Volunteer section of the website?

What do you like most or find most helpful?

Is there anything that currently is not on the website but should be?

For those who use other tools to read the website (such as Screen Readers): what are your thoughts? Is the “Volunteer Overview” page any different from the pages on the Bookshare website?

Your feedback is very much appreciated, as, of course, is your time and effort in the volunteering process. Thanks for everything!

Best,

Madeleine Linares

Volunteer Coordinator