[bksvol-discuss] Re: Recommendations for OCR and Scan software

  • From: "Denise Wagner" <denisecwagner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:02:39 -0500

LOL Debee!  And thank you for the warning!

I did some searching and really want to get Finereader.  I found some great
deals (or so I thought) at less than $200.  Well, luckily, I noticed these
were the "upgrades", not the real deal.  Glad I noticed!  And I can't seem
to find anything second-hand either.

So, I doubt I'll be talking my husband into a $400 expenditure anytime soon,
so I think I'll have to stick with FreeOCR and limit my scanning
submissions.  I think I can do children's books fairly easily, but novels
would probably be too frustrating.

Denise