[bksvol-discuss] Reasons for releasing a book, was Re: Re: my two cents worth

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:00:11 EST

Oftentimes a proofer will release a book back to the checkout list just
because he or she finds out that he or she is uninterested in it, not because
anything is wrong with it.

                          "I have no country to fight for; my country is
the earth, and I am a citizen of the world." Eugene V. Debs

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International: http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: my two cents worth so far on proofreadingRE: Re:
questions please and thank you delete if don't like how I write.
Date:
11/18/2009 8:08:15 AM Eastern Standard Time
From:
gstweedy@xxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I  think this is good.I think a scanner ought to know what is going on at
all times if possible. Sometimes it's just the not knowing that can be
frustrating.I
don't care how long a book takes as long as I  know what is happening and
what I can do to make it  better.Contrary to what a lot of people have
gathered,
I'd rather be told about my book  than be left hanging, that drives me
crazy to be left hanging.I'd rather have a flat out rejection than the hanging
or
even if somebody can't do it for  whatever reason, say so, don't let me go
on my book months later and find them just sitting there just because
somebody
couldn't tell me, reject it get it o ut of the way, but I'd rather not be
left hanging nor my books be left hanging.Working on them is one thing, but
taking
them, and never letting me know why they were put back,if I were a proofer
I  wouldn't do that.I'd let you know such and so was wrong, right now I
couldn't
do it, gonna let somebody else take it any reason will do, but limbo I
can't handle. ----- Original Message ----- From:
Kim Friedman
From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lynn ISent: Tuesday,
November 17, 2009 8:49 AMTo:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: questions please and thank you delete if don't like
how I write.Hi Gwen! In answer to your first question, initially people could
scan and proofread their own books. However, I think the policy of having
someone else proofread is a good one. I sometimes tend to be a contextual
reader.
I believe having someone else proofread allows for an opportunity to catch
things I did not. *smile* My only negative experience with this policy has
been
when a proofreader relied on spell check and changed spellings of proper
names and some terms that were intended to be spelled as they
were. Blessings. Lynnsky

From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of gwen tweedySent:
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 8:47
AMTo:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [bksvol-discuss] questions please and
thank you delete if don't like how I write.I'm wondering if there are people
who have no trouble submitting books their books are always excepted no
matter what.Why  couldn't they be allowed to scan and proof their own books if
they so desired?Question 2:Why can't a scanner at least be allowed to clear
their  book lists so they can start over with no books
pending?ThanksGwen No
virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion:
9.0.707 / Virus Database: 270.14.68/2507 - Release Date: 11/16/09
Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database
4615 (20091117) __________The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
http://www.eset.com
signature database 4616 (20091117) __________The message was checked by ESET
NOD32