[bksvol-discuss] Re: Readng level question for parents

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 21:11:50 -0500

I think the only accurate way to determine whether it is a juvenile or young adult is by the RL on some of the books.

Beyond that, my library does up to 8th grade as juvenile above that is young adult or adult. But that is not a hard and fast rule as I have found books in the adult where I wondered what they were doing there.

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A., VRT
And Guinevere: Golden Lady Guide Dog
guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Alumni Association
www.guidedogs.com

Though force can protect in emergency, only justice, fairness, consideration and cooperation can finally lead men to the dawn of eternal peace. -Dwight D. Eisenhower, U.S. general and 34th president (1890-1969)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cindy Rosenthal" <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>