[bksvol-discuss] Re: Reading stars within Kurzweil 1000

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 10:33:31 -0500

Yes, I have no problem locating extraineous punctuation with punctuation set to some. I can only edit using Via Voice, because nothing else that works with Kurzweil handles all the punctuation so well. An entire line of the same punctuation marks read line by line is the only exception, and when I come accross that strange silence I examine it character by character to see if I should delete it or not. Of course this is using Kurzweil 9.

Via Voice does have a problem occasionally when it tries to read strings made up of some numbers combined with punctuation. I suppose it is accidently being sent some kind of control code and then goes nuts. I just stop the meaningless jabber and look at the problem area character by character. I suppose it would take forever to figure out all the strings that could be a problem, and then figure out some way to fix them. I just hope it never does it in an MP3 created from a book. :-)

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Baum" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>