[bksvol-discuss] Re: Reading books downloaded from the loving BookShare

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 13:05:45 -0500

You have not done anything wrong.  You have a slow computer.  Either you
have a slow processor,  or you have little RAM memory,  or perhaps there
are too many programs running simultaneously.  Clean your system tray, and
clean up the startup folder.

Guido

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
Research Division,
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

Pat Ferguson <fergent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
06/04/2005 10:48 AM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

Book Share Discuss <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Reading books downloaded from the loving BookShare

Hi Everyone,

I hope these aren't stupid questions, but I'm trying to deside how I
should
read my books that I'm downloading from BookShare.org.

Right now, I read them either on my Voice note or my computer, but I
wanted
to make some of them into MP3's and I have had problems with doing that
with Kurzweil 1000. It's like it took almost a day to convert one book to
MP3, as it had to read it. One Star Wars book, it took 2 days. lol.

I know I'm doing something wrong, so please don't laugh too hard. lol.

What is the best program to make mp3 files out of brf files.

My next question is this:

I have the PlexTalk recorder from Plextor and I love it! It was one very
expensive item that I bought after arriving home from Oregon in June of
2003, and one loving item that Vernon brought out to me outside on that
night of June 24th, 2003, when we were hit with that awful f4 tornado.

My question is this. If I download the daisy player from BookShare, can I
put these books on my PlexTalk and read them as well in Daisy format?

Also, what book reader are you all using when reading books on your
computers?

Thanks much.

Pat Ferguson