[bksvol-discuss] Re: Reading List

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:50:25 EDT

They do track your downloads. Check your account and you will find a
history of your downloads.

                                                                  "If you
tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine."
Che Guevara

                 The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml
Pathfinder Press: http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Reading List
Date:
7/30/2009 10:18:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I personally prefer bookshare not track my downloads though I am sure they
do.
Bookshare does have a good deal of backed up work to do with the site
including fixing the database so it stores book authors accurately
and so searches work better.
If I want to read a book in future or think I do, I download it when
I find it and store it on a hardrive for later use.
I know this practice is different from the list you suggest but it
may work for you.
Elizabeth

At 10:09 AM 7/30/2009, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I saw something on the Recording For the Blind and Dyslexic and
>Library For The Blind and Physically Handicapped Sites that I think
>would be very cool to have a form of on Bookshare. As you are
>looking through a list of books you search for, you can check a box
>beside each book in the table of books and then activate a button
>that puts them in a cart or list that you can work with later. I was
>thinking that it would be nice to have a list of books that each
>member could keep on the site that they could go to. The member
>could do searches and then collect books they may want to read in
>their reading list and then go to the site later and get books from
>the list. It also may be a good idea to have a list of books that
>the member has read separately from the first list.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Jim
>
>----------
>Jim Homme
>Usability Services
>412-544-1810
>james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>"You can do anything you want to if you put your mind to it" -- Jim Homme
Sr.

>This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and are
>intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are
>addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
>the sender immediately and then delete it.  If you are not the
>intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or
>distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission.  The
>views expressed in this e-mail message do not necessarily represent
>the views of Highmark Inc., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.
>  To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
>bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a
>list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject
line.

>__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
>signature database 4290 (20090730) __________

>http://www.eset.com

Hot Deals at Dell on Popular Laptops perfect for Back to
School
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1223105306x1201716871/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D9)