[bksvol-discuss] Re: Re PQuestions about using a Mac for Bookshare validation work.

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 22:09:36 -0500

You don't have to work in RTF. Just be sure to convert it to RTF before uploading it.

On 12/13/2012 7:29 PM, Cindy Rosenthal wrote:
P.S. I don't like working with Text Edit, which is, I believe, another way of saying rtf ; I find the format difficult to work with; and besides, I don't think rtf keep severything like BOLd and ita;cs.

Oh. One more thing. After I have the file open in Word, I go to the View menu and click on Normal. Then you can see the pages

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

     I don't think I have Mountain lion on this computer; it shows I
    still have OSX; but I use MIcrosfot Word for the Mac and it works
    just fiine. I open I download the rtf file  from checkout list and
    Save to my desktop. Then I   click on it (I don't open it, though
    you probably could and  then Save As Word) and I happily validate
    happily validate away.  When you click on the rtf file (don't open
    it, though you probably can d that it and hen save it as a Word
    file. After clicking (not doouble-clicking--just one click, I go
    to the File menu and scroll down to Open With Word.

    On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 2:23 PM, John Simpson
    <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        You might want to try Open Office. Itis a free, downloadable
        office suite
        written in Java. It is very similar to Microsoft Office. Their
        download page
        shows a version for Mac on Intel platform. I have used it
        occasionally, and
        it seems pretty comprehensive.

        I am not a Mac user and I am not familiar with Text Editor. I
        can't verify
        that it will actually work for you. Since it's free, it's
        certainly worth
        giving a try if you don't find another solution that you like
        better.

        Good luck.