[bksvol-discuss] Re: Rank spelling & Spell-check

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:02:08 -0800 (PST)

But Pratik, spell-check does the same thing. If I find
a word as I'm going along, like, using your example,
diere instead of there, Ihe instead of The, I put it
in Find, click on Whole Word only if the "bad"
combination might appear as part f another word, and
hit replace all. Then all are replaced. I do this when
I've finished the book but also when I come across a
word while reading, so I won't worry about maybe
missing it later on, and/or so I won't have to correct
the word manually again. I do the same thing with
space numeral one space, changin it to space capital I
space. And, when the words are not mis-spelled, like
modem instead of modern (if I'm pretty sure modem is
not going to be in the text) or tern instead of term,
I put the wrong word into Find and hit replace instead
of replace all and then hit next, changing any like
mistake that's in the text all at once but a bit more
slowly than byusing replace all--but not mchmore
slowly.

Cindy