[bksvol-discuss] Re: Rank spelling?

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:30:15 -0500

Here is a post I wrote about it last week.

Rank spelling is a great feature in Kurzweil 8 and up, which A, tells you what
percentage of the words in your document are recognized in the dictionary, and
B it makes a list of all the misspelled words for you to look through.
In the dialog box where it lists the misspelled words, you are able to read the
misspelled words in context, fix the errors, add the words to the dictionary,
and other such things. It works very similarly to Kurzweil's spellchecker, but
in this case the misspelled words are in order of their most frequent
occurrence, where as doing a normal spell-check fixes the errors in the order
which they appear in the document.
This enables you to leave out some of the less occurring errors and only fix
many of the more frequent ones, which improves the rank spelling percentage
faster than if you had done a spell-check and gone through the whole thing.
Oh yes, to get to this wonderful rank spelling dialog box push alt O, up arrow
once, and then enter.
There are a number of shortcuts for this dialog box which are
spell the word in the list, control L
tell how many time it occurres in the document, space
Replace all the occurrences of the misspelled word with the replacement word,
control R
Read the misspelled word in context , control X.
There are a few more shortcut keys . If you want to learn them you can push tab
and then F1 on any of the buttons or controls.
Tiffany