[bksvol-discuss] Re: Rank spelling

  • From: devi ramaseshan <deviramaseshan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 14:59:51 -0800 (PST)

Monica ,Your explanation about kurzweil  was excellant. I like your comparison,
funny but at the same time very helpful.I have a question. What do you mean,
it can be used on different types of material?
Thanks for your time. devi
Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Hi, Lissi. Kurzweil is sort
of like a pastry crust that holds lots
of good things inside. It's one program with a lot of things inside
that you can use when you need them. It has scanning engines that
work slightly differently so that they can be used on different types
of material. You can choose the engine that works best for what
you're scanning. These engines are all part of Kurzweil, but sighted
people can buy the engines separately for less money. It's like if
you made a pot pie. The carrots, meat, and potatoes can be purchased
separately, but they are all part of the filling in your pot
pie. Kurzweil also contains a friendlly and powerful reading system
that makes reading books fun and easy. It can also help you search
for books on Bookshare and few other sources for online books. It
has a lot of power, but the authors have made it easy to use so
people won't get lost. I hope this explanation makes sense.

Monica Willyard

Devi ramaseshan

http://mail.yahoo.com