[bksvol-discuss] Rank Spelling

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:54:02 -0500

I've been playing around with rank spelling in K1000 and looking at various
books I've scanned.  Not only does it give me a percentage of correct words,
but it then lists all the words that are incorrect and offers ways to fix at
least some of them.  I looked at one that I haven't submitted yet, War of
the Twins, which is a sci-fi novel with a lot of fabricated names and
places.  It was given a 95.51% ranking and then the list of incorrect words
was just full of all of those weird names.  This is a perfect example where
a note about the cause for the poor ranking would be useful to determine why
to manually change the automated rating.

It's a good tool to use.

Donna