[bksvol-discuss] Re: [RE]Re: Book's text fonts and special formatting

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:01:54 -0400

Pratik,

Just a small addendum to the comment "primarily individuals with learning
disabilities" :a lot of us without learning disabilities but with visual
disabilities and/or physical disabilities can and
would look at the actual text if large enough and would like to see poetry that
scanned (ie.: confirmed to the rules of verse) properly which is why I am
correcting Kipling's verse so it does just that.  I tend to write my email in
one font but shrink it in deference to most of my readers.  Frequently I have
to enlarge the mail I receive so that I can read it and would use VRS if I
could get it to work on my computer but for some unknown reason it shuts down
every time I try to use it and neither Dell nor Humanware can figure out why or
repair it.

Amy
    Date : Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:12:52 -0500

    From : "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>

    To : <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    Dilsia,

    I've asked john to get you an answer for this one since it depends on

    whether or not the different DAISY readers and BRF devices support

    displaying the different attributes. I suspect that some do, and it's

    Bookshare's policy to attempt to reproduce the printed book as closely as

    the technology allows, so I suspect that the answer to your question will
be

    to leave it as is.

    HTH

    Gerald