[bksvol-discuss] Re: Qustion on manual

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 16:52:49 -0600

Hi Mayrie and everyone!

Well stated. I was thinking of pictures when responding to Doug's post, but, I, like you also want to know what kind of chart it is, whether it's a picture or anything that will make what it is that is being described instantly clear to the reader. They make it clear in NLS books, so we should do the same.

I also want to know whether text is in a box.  That means it's important.

Debby

At 05:17 PM 11/21/2011, Mayrie ReNae wrote
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml";>
HI Doug,

I agree with you. To further the discussion, using the word "image" to preface the description of anything that couldn't be represented was also shortsighted upon the part of the creator of these instructions. I want to know if the description that I am reading is the description of a picture, a chart, if a chart, what kind of chart, (pie, bar graph, table, etc) or whatever. "image" just doesn't do it. If the word "image" seems necessary to later extract what the tools cannot now extract to use with the poet tool, then more words might be necessary. For example: if the word "image must be used, [Image: Picture of a frog on a rock.] We need to know what's there, as you say, Doug.

Mayrie