[bksvol-discuss] Re: Qustion on manual

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: siss52@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 15:51:26 -0500

Hi all,

I add my vote here too. Just to illustrate what happens when one turns on full punctuation:

cap Hello, comma this is a test of the cap BookShare tool. period quote "cap image of cap Mr. period cap Clancy in a raincoat" quote.

You see the problem? If you turn on your punctuation you get *all* the punctuation recited. That's fine if you're proofing, but it is absolutely *not* fine when you are reading at length. It's rather like the Chinese Water Torture. That's why we turn our punctuation to "some". That way, if you come across unusual punctuation, it will be voiced. That is why I agree with everyone else who has asked to keep the words picture or caption in the explanation. It would help a great deal, thanks.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring