[bksvol-discuss] Qustion on manual

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 14:58:17 -0800 (PST)

Vivian mentioned she had found in the volunteer manual to simply enclose a
caption in quotes, as mentioned here:

https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/4.8+Y.+Format+for+image+description+tags#4.8Y.Formatforimagedescriptiontags-formattouseforimagedescriptionswithcaptions

The example given is:
 [image: A young boy in mid-air as he dives off a pier into a small lake.
Already in the water is an older man, standing and smiling.
"Having fun on hot days."]

But I have always done it like this:

 [image: A young boy in mid-air as he dives off a pier into a small lake.
Already in the water is an older man, standing and smiling.
caption: Having fun on hot days.]

I can develop new habits, but to me, the other is more clear, espcially if the
caption is a quote already in quotation marks.  Is there a reason for the
change?
Valerie

Keep up with Nichole's recovery: