[bksvol-discuss] Re: Questions from a Returning Volunteer

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 20:09:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Marilyn,

If you have a verified disability (severely dyslexic, too weak to turn a page,
etc), then you can download any books you'd like.  But if you're normally
sighted, then only books you can download are the public domain ones. Credits
are only applicable to members who are blind or visually impaired. We sighted
people scan and validate for the fun of it and to help out the members.

HTH, Carrie