[bksvol-discuss] Re: Questions from a Returning Volunteer

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 16:44:02 -0700

Hi Paula,

Yes to both questions. Chapter headings still need to be protected by something above them. And tabs still need to be replaced with spaces for the reasons you state.

So glad to have another submitter!

Peace,
Mayrie

At 05:28 PM 3/22/2008, you wrote:
Hello,

    After a much longer than expected break from submitting books, I am
getting re-acquainted with the proper procedures. I read the Volunteer
Manual, which is very well done, but I have a couple of questions that do
not seem to be addressed
there.

    I recall that it used to be helpful to put something at the top of
pages that did not have headers, to keep text such as chapter titles from
being stripped. Is this still necessary?

    Also, tabs used to be removed in the process of converting books to
DAISY format. It was recommended that all tabs be replaced with spaces prior
to submitting books, to keep words from being wrongly joined when tabs were
stripped. Is it still best to get rid of tabs?

Thanks,
Paula