[bksvol-discuss] Questions from a New Volunteer

  • From: "Ciara Campbell" <50campbell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 16:59:18 -0400

Hi,

I'm a new volunteer so I have a couple of questions for you.  Can you get an
extension validation period?  I'm validating a book by Nadine Gordimer.
Many of the page numbers are missing and it has some strange formatting
issues, so I need to get a hard copy but they're all checked out of the
library.

Second, is it permissible to move a hyphenated word that spans a page break
to one side or the other?  I know that RFB often reads a page number at the
end of the sentence following a page break.

Also I'm scanning another book for a class I'm taking in the program would
like visual descriptions for the photos and I don't seem to be very good at
writing them, any advice?