[bksvol-discuss] Questions about submitting books and question about adding page numbers for a book.

  • From: "Jess Killian" <17razz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 23:05:34 -0500

Hi,

     I will be returning to school in a month.  I was wondering, all
my books are going to be coming to me in a PDF (portable document
format).  I was wondering: could I convert them to RTF and post them
on bookshare if I included the copyright notice?

     In addition, I am working on becoming a Braille transcriber.
This means that I can scan in and Braille textbooks for school
districts.  I was wondering if it was okay if I put those textbooks up
as well as long as I have the copyright notice?

     On another topic: I am validating a book that has two page
numbers on the same page.  I can conclude the first number belongs to
the previous page because that page has no page numbers.  I was
wondering if it would be okay for me to fix this error.

     Please be sure to use the subject line in this email when
replying as I filter my email.

Thanks,

Jess

--
Jessica Killian

Bookshare Volunteer Validator and submitter